Dan is the author of The Nonprofit Narrative: How Stories Can Save the World. He loves helping passionate people strive for the impossible and on several occasions he’s seen it happen.
For over a decade, Dan has worked with the toughest outposts of Fortune 500 companies to get them back on track and with big results. He is sought after to help flesh out business ideas, coach teams and lead senior staff through the digital age.
In 2006, he started The Portnoy Media Group to help nonprofits, companies and organizations better tell their stories for impact and engagement. His communication strategies have helped multiple nonprofit organizations double their online donations year over year and raise millions. Dan’s cultivation of story ideas builds community, engages the free radicals and removes the barriers between traditional cultivation and acquisition.
He’s an award winning filmmaker and has been featured on NPR, HuffPost Live and Fox Business.
Dan lives in Pasadena, CA and loves it.
Additional Info on Dan:
- He has an affinity for StrongBad
- He could enjoy Italian food every night of the week
- Loves to talk with experts – no matter their field
- Thinks board games should be called Bored Games
- He loves music – specifically: Indie rock, progressive hip-hop, downtempo and electronic