Tonights’ Super Bowl was a lot of fun to watch.. As long as you’re not a Broncos fan. Sorry, Peyton.
Here’s a look at my play by play during the game and what I think were the commercials to comment on. What was your favorite?
- Chevy – Cancer Week Partnership.
- Toyota – Muppet Highlander.
- Oikos – Full House Reunion FTW.
- Jaguar – English baddies walk us through the paces of fun.
- Pistachios – Stephen Colbert is a National Treasure!
- Budweiser – Puppy Adoption couldn’t be cuter.
- Coke – Apparently it’s controversial but in L.A. Hearing multiple languages is just part of the day.
- Microsoft – Technology helping people + robot kid legs.
- esurance – Technically not in the SuperBowl but what a way to go (John Krazinski and a Million bucks!)
- (RED)/U2/Bank of America – Get a song for FREE and make the world better.
- TurboTax – An idea that could’ve been used for any company, is funny and offbeat.
- GoPro – falling from space. FROM SPACE!
- T-Mobile – Tebow and self deprecating humor = wow.
- Soda Stream – no controversy at all, just hype.
- RadioShack – An update is important, still not sure I ever need to go there.
- Sonos – So boring and it wasn’t anything new.
- Chevy – Bull Romance just isn’t cutting it.
- Go Daddy – spray tans?!?! Really?!?!?
- Chrysler – Self Indulgent Propaganda doesn’t work. #murica
- M&M’s – it’s was ok, but they’ve been so amazing in the past.
- GoDaddy – Quit her job…. ok?
- Beats Music – Ellen was great, everything else… meh.
- CarMax – Slow Clap.. Le sigh
- Time Warner – Put enough stars in the spot so people will forget that we are terrible. (LA Customers lost the game for an hour)
- Butterfinger – I’m not supposed to feel uncomfortable when I think of your product.
- Goldie Box – Repurposing another song, hopefully they’ve got the legal rights this time (See Beastie Boys Commercial)
- Smart Car – Is shame a good tactic? Maybe?
- H&M David Beckham – Well known star in a precarious position. This is about underwear?
- Ford Fusion – Rob Riggle and James Franco come with explosions. Funny but not memorable.
- Heinz – Happy and you know it and Grandma farts….
- Bud Light – Lots of pomp for the Jersey Shore set. Not sure fit that’s good or just so well aimed at the right demo it’s lost on me.
- Jeep – Restless ad leaves me wondering if they’re selling jeans for Levi’s
- Audi – Doberhuahua
- T-Mobile – Simple concept and simple message with simple music… May be too simple.
- Transformers 4 – What a doozy! WIN
- Spider-Man 2 – Non stop Wow. WIN
- Muppets 2 – They make fun of the internet. WIN
- Noah – Explosions and the cradle of civilization apocalypse. WIN
JACK BAUER IS BACK!! (I’m looking forward to it)