Fred Rogers has been dropping knowledge from 1968 until 2000 – That’s 895 episodes of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood! So when he encourages the use of imagination, even if it is to children, there’s wisdom in his words.
Imagination is the well that a storyteller must go back to over and over.
Make sure you’re taking time to ask, “What could be?” and “If money were not a constraint, what would we do next?”. Give yourself some time to imagine a counterfactual. Sci-fi writers do this all the time as a way to imagine the world they’re writing about. Imagining marketing ideas in a counterfactual world can help you unlock additional creativity that you didn’t realize was there.
Here’s some quick questions to answer for your counterfactual:
- It’s 12 months from now, You’ve had a very successful campaign – What did you do?
- How did you connect with your donors/tribe?
- Where you pitching the same things or was it brand new?
- What’s your stress level like?
- How did this campaign differ from ones in the past and how did you solve problems?
- What was internal communication like?
Now get out there and make it happen and if you need help, that’s a great reason to get on a coaching call with me. Call the office 626,487.9823 to set it up.